How to Remove Dried Paint from Clothing~Fast and easy way to remove paint from clothing

Hi there! I hope you're having a great restful weekend! We've had some fun this weekend for sure…..but the fun ended up leaving me with a pile of clothes that needed some serious stain removal TLC! Since I had such success in removing the stains, and saving our clothes….I thought I'd share with you how to remove dried paint from clothing with one simple product that you probably have in your cupboard right now.

We were working on filming a fun art video for my daughter's YouTube channel. We did Balloon Pop Painting. Have you ever tried this before? If not and you want a super fun activity to do with your kids, check out the full post here. It was messy, but SO worth it. We had a blast doing the painting, and filming.

As I said, I was left with quite a few pieces of clothing with paint splatters. Since it was washable acrylic craft paint I didn't think it would be an issue and immediately threw them in the wash in cold water. Much to my surprise, the paint didn't move……so I came up with plan B and it worked perfectly. Whew! Crisis averted!

remove dried paint clothing

How To Remove Dried Paint from Clothing

What You Need:

  • rubbing alcohol
  • scrub pad or toothbrush (or any kind of scrub brush)

remove dried paint clothing

What to do:

  1. Spray or blot the stain with rubbing alcohol repeatedly as you're removing the stain.

remove dried paint clothing

2. Using a scrub pad, or toothbrush, scrub the area gently until the paint is gone.

remove dried paint clothing

3. Wash as normal

remove dried paint clothing

Look at that! You'd never know there was a huge paint splotch there before! Yay for home remedies. Sometimes they work better than store bought cleaners.

But seriously, check out the Balloon Pop Painting post. It was totally worth the extra work to remove the stains.

Until next time

Related posts: